.. Loading ..

Having a Document Witnessed – In Australia

Having a document Witnessed – In Australia

There are multiple Land Title Documents that require a parties signature to be witnessed, the most common being a Transfer.

The Transferor (Vendor) or Transferee (Purchaser) must sign the Transfer of Land in front of an adult witness (person over the age of 18) and have them sign their name as witness, write their full name, address and occupation. This must be done for each party signing the document.

In the event one of the parties is a Company, their documents do not require a witness however, the person signing must write their full name and position. Two company officeholders must sign usually a Director and Secretary) unless there is a Sole Director and Sole Secretary.

If in doubt please phone our office prior to signing the document.